Quick Facts from NAAU Findings
- Of those surveyed, 48.4% were male, and 51.6% were female.
- The mean number of adults currently living in each household is 1.37
- The mean number of people currently live in each household is 2.32
- 66.6% of those surveyed are registered to vote.
- 30.8% of those surveyed currently have a child living in their home that is age 25 or younger.
- The mean household income of those surveyed in $44,396, while the median is $34,158.
- Of those surveyed, a mean of 1.06 adults in each household work more than 24 hours per week.
- A majority of those surveyed – 38.3%- prefer to travel with their spouse or significant other. The second largest group (32.9%) prefers to travel with their family.
- When traveling for leisure, 26.7% of those surveyed stay in a hotel. This number is second to the percentage of people who make it a day trip (37%). Others stay with friends, or they stay with family.
- The purpose of visiting friends or family was the strongest motivation for selecting leisure destinations.
- By very large measure, most people surveyed gain knowledge of leisure activities and destinations through the web. Word of mouth is not far behind.
- Though perhaps unsurprising, waiting in line is the least satisfying thing about visits to amusement and theme parks.
- 40.5% of those surveyed report that they expect to spend between two and three hours at a zoo, aquarium, or museum during a typical visit.
- Only 2% expect to stay for 6 hours or more during a typical visit to a zoo, aquarium, or museum. 6% expect to stay for less than an hour.
- Using natural and organic products is the most prevalent behavior that those surveyed are doing to support a “green-friendly” lifestyle.